On behalf of all children in this great country and this wonderful county, I take pleasure in being your advocate as I send this message to all fathers on this Father’s Day. I am sending this message to you because it is not realistic to think that all fathers are upholding the expectation rule to provide health, safety, and a caring environment for your children.
I am so grateful and commend all fathers who have provided guidance and built a wonderful relationship with your children. Because of you, they have every opportunity to success and will be grateful for your desire to encourage them to be good citizens. They have learned from you the importance of being good neighbors and respectful of others. For all that you have done, thanks. You deserve the gifts of love, respect and appreciation that they share with you on this special day. Because of you, they have learned to love and not hate, they have learned to obey and not disrespect, they have learned to be responsible and not mischievous and other good deeds of human kindness. You have earned the right to celebrate today, so again, I wish you a Happy Father’s Day.
If the dad description does not fit you, please know that it’s not too late to get on board.
Our children need dads in their lives. They look forward to the love, bonding and connection that other children have. You do make a difference and should be an encouraging parent. For that reason, on behalf of all school-age children, I am asking you to accept the following pledge:
• I will make contact with my children every day and remind them how much I love them.
• I will become involved in my children’s education and will attend school events to support them.
• I will contact my children’s school on a regular basis to ask how I can be of assistance.
• I will encourage my children to do what is right and acceptable at home and at school.
• I will make sure that my children know the importance of respecting others and not violate their civil rights by bullying, fighting or use of other negative behaviors.
• I will make sure that my children know the value of an education.
• I will make sure that my children understand that bad behavior is a distraction to education and is not acceptable.
• I will make sure that I model reading to my children daily even if it’s from my phone.
As an advocate for your children, I know they will appreciate you sharing and making a commitment to this pledge. Remember, because of you, our wonderful children exist. Our children should be just as proud of you as you are of them. Beginning today, if you side-stepped your duties, you can call your children so they can celebrate this day and all future days with them.
“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” -- Sigmund Freud
Happy Father’s Day!